Take your chicken salad up a notch with this easy and nutritious summer dish.
Thank you to Chosen Foods for sponsoring this post! I was selected for this opportunity as a member of the Mambro Sprouts blogger program. As always, the opinions expressed are my own.
I love classic dishes but sometimes I like to break from tradition and spice them up a little. My Chicken Salad with a Twist is one of those dishes. I created this dish when I was looking for something to jazz up my basic chicken salad recipe. I loved it so much, that I actually put the recipe in my Natural Pregnancy Cookbook. And no, of course you don’t have to be pregnant to enjoy this dish or any of the dishes in the book! It actually has over 125 of my best nutritious and wholesome recipes for anyone trying to lead a healthy lifestyle.
This recipe was born when I was rummaging through my spice drawer one day and found a bottle of za’atar way in the back (after all, I keep my spice drawer alphabetized- I can’t help it!). Za’atar is a versatile Middle Eastern spice blend that commonly contains sumac, sesame seeds and other spices like oregano and thyme. It’s typically eaten with pita bread that’s dipped in olive oil and then za’atar but it can be used on a wide variety of foods including meat, veggies, rice, and hummus.
- 12 ounces cooked, shredded or diced chicken breast (about 3 cups)
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup red grapes, halved
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo
- 3 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¾ teaspoon za’atar (optional)*
- Salt and pepper
- Place the chicken, celery, grapes and almonds in a large bowl. Mix the Avocado Oil Mayo, yogurt, and za’atar together in a separate bowl. Pour the mixture over the other ingredients and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.