Bursting with flavor, this easy 5 ingredient salsa is perfect for summer!
I always have fresh strawberries in my fridge in the summertime when they’re at their peak. Strawberries are my daughter’s favorite fruit and we love them too. They’re so easy to incorporate into a wide variety of dishes, from breakfast to lunch, dinner, and of course, dessert. And you can use them in both sweet and savory dishes. Check out my post on 10 fun ways to use summer berries.
This simple salsa combines ripe, juicy strawberries with red onion, cilantro, fresh lime juice and just enough jalapeño pepper to give it a little kick. You may think it’s strange to use strawberries in a salsa recipe but I promise you that it’s a flavor revelation! This salsa is just bursting with fresh flavor and the sweetness of the berries is the perfect complement to the savory ingredients and the bright, acidic lime juice.
- 2 cups finely chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the strawberries, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice together in a bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.