apples have a really pretty appearance.
If you’re looking for a new way to incorporate more apples into your diet, try my Cinnamon Apple Chips.
- 2 medium apples (like Gala, Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Using a mandoline (or a sharp knife), slice the apples crosswise into very thin slices (the thinner you slice them, the crispier they will become). Remove the seeds.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking liners. Arrange the apple slices on the baking sheets in a single layer and sprinkle them with cinnamon. Bake in the oven for 1 hour then flip the apples over with a spatula and cook another 1 to 1 ½ hours until they are dried out. Turn the oven off and leave the apples to cool in the oven for an additional hour. As the apples cool, they will crisp up.
- Store apple chips in an airtight container up to 1 week.