Are you looking to brighten up your winter with some fun summer recipes? If so, you may want to check out the Country Comfort Summer Favorites Cookbook by Monica Musetti-Carlin and Mary Elizabeth Roarke. In their own words, “Country Comfort: Summer Favorites is a keepsake of fresh, nutritious dishes for anyone who enjoys valued summer mealtime traditions, and anyone who is looking to save a little money and create a fun family activity by cooking outdoors.” This wonderful cookbook features more than 100 nutritious summer recipes with accompanying anecdotes from people across the country. Recipes include everything from breakfast/brunch dishes to entrees, beverages and even desserts. There are several other informative sections in the book including Chef’s Tips and Menu Planner sections, just to name a few.
I am fortunate to have four of my recipes published in this terrific book:
- Grilled Fig, Brie, and Prosciutto Pizza
- NewYork Strip Steaks with Avocado Butter and Charred Corn Salsa
- Grilled Flat Iron Steaks with Sun-Dried Tomato Chimichurri
- Grilled Swordfish with Spiced Red Pepper Sauce
Below is my recipe for Grilled Swordfish with Spiced Red Pepper Sauce. I was inspired by Moroccan flavors and spices when I created this dish. The creamy roasted red pepper sauce is packed with flavor and low in calories. It pairs nicely with grilled meats like fish, chicken, pork, or steak. It even works well as a dipping sauce for grilled vegetables.
Grilled Swordfish with Spiced Red Pepper Sauce
- 1½ teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1½ teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 (7 oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus extra to brush on fish
- 4 (6 oz.) swordfish steaks
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat.
- Lightly toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a small skillet on the stove over medium-low heat until fragrant. Place the spices in a blender along with the red peppers, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and vegetable oil. Blend until smooth and set aside. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the swordfish steaks with oil and season them with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through. Transfer them to a serving platter and top them with the spiced red pepper sauce. Garnish with cilantro and lemon wedges.
To see all of the other wonderful recipes in the book, click here to buy a copy.