Are you looking for more ways to incorporate seafood into your family’s meals? If so, try my Salmon Burgers with Dill Yogurt Sauce. They’re easy to make, full of flavor, and you can just throw them on the grill. They’re perfect for summer!
One of my tips on how to get kids to eat more nutritious foods is to incorporate them into dishes that they’re familiar with. These burgers are the perfect way to introduce fish to your children. After all, who doesn’t love burgers?
Salmon is packed with an abundance of vitamins, minerals, and protein. It is also one of the richest sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which have incredible health benefits. To read more about the health benefits of salmon, CLICK HERE.
I make the burger patties by pulsing some of the salmon in a food processor and stirring in some diced pieces of salmon for texture. Then I add in scallions, breadcrumbs and plenty of seasonings to infuse the patties with flavor. I like to make fresh breadcrumbs by pulsing whole wheat bread in a food processor- it give the patties a lighter texture. But if you prefer, you can use store bought breadcrumbs such as panko.
After a quick turn on the grill or in a skillet, the burgers are ready! I top them off with a simple yogurt sauce mixed with fresh dill. After all, salmon and dill are a classic pairing. Then, add your favorite toppings and you’re good to go! My personal favorite is creamy avocado- yum!
The burgers can also be frozen and heated up for a quick, nutritious weeknight meal. My Salmon Burgers with Dill Yogurt Sauce can be found in my book Natural Pregnancy Cookbook.
My Salmon Burgers with Dill Yogurt Sauce are a great way to incorporate nutritious seafood into your family’s diet.
- 1 ½ lbs skinless wild Alaskan salmon fillet
- 3 scallions sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice plus 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 ounce fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs about ½ cup made from 1 slice of bread*
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce like Sriracha
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup plain reduced fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 6 multigrain hamburger buns or bread toasted
- Assorted toppings like sliced avocado tomato or baby spinach
- Finely dice half of the salmon into pieces about ¼-inch in size. Cut the remainder of the salmon roughly into chunks and place them in a food processor. Pulse until a paste forms. Transfer the paste to a large bowl and add the diced salmon, scallions, mustard, mayonnaise, Old Bay, lemon juice, zest, breadcrumbs, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Gently mix the ingredients together until combined. Form the mixture into 6 equal patties.
- To make the sauce, mix the yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, and dill together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn on the grill or spray a large nonstick skillet with olive oil spray and heat over medium high heat. Add the burgers (working in batches if needed) and cook 3-4 minutes until browned on the bottom. Flip the burgers over and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Serve the burgers on toasted buns with dill yogurt sauce and desired toppings.
*To make the fresh breadcrumbs, remove the crusts from a slice of whole wheat bread and tear the bread into pieces. Pulse in a food processor until crumbs form. Can substitute 1/4 -1/3 cup panko or unseasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs.
CLICK BELOW TO PIN!
This post contains affiliate links.