Tilapia Piccata is a simple and delicious dish that you can make in less than 30 minutes from start to finish! Fish is seared in a pan and coated in a delicious bright, lemony butter sauce. It's perfect for a quick weeknight dinner and your kids will love it too!
Lightened Up Tilapia Piccata
More Tasty Seafood Dishes
- Tropical Fish Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- Olive and Sundried Tomato Crusted Fish
- Fish Sticks
- Greek Feta Shrimp Skillet
- Miso Maple Glazed Salmon
- Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ¼ cup + 2 teaspoons flour, divided use
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 5 oz. each)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped plus extra for garnish
- Whisk the chicken stock, lemon juice, zest, and 2 teaspoons flour together in a measuring cup. Set aside.
- Season the tilapia with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the remaining ¼ cup flour on a plate and lightly dredge the fillets in the flour on both sides, dusting off any excess. Discard the extra flour. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and add the fish. Cook until golden, about 3 minutes, then carefully flip the filets over and cook another 3 minutes on the second side. Remove the fish and place on a plate.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half. Then, pour the chicken stock mixture and capers into the skillet and cook until the sauce thickens, 2-3 minutes. Lower the heat and stir in the butter and parsley. Return the tilapia fillets back to the pan and spoon the sauce over them. Cook another minute until warmed through. Garnish with extra parsley before serving.