By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by the Wild Blueberry Association of North America and I am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Bursting with nutrition and flavor, Wild Blueberries pack a one-two punch in this vibrant smoothie!
- 1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
- 1 cup milk, any type (I used unsweetened almond milk), divided
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons honey, divided
- 4-6 ice cubes
- 1 cup peeled and sliced peaches, frozen or fresh
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- To make the Wild Blueberry layer, blend the Wild Blueberries, ½ cup milk, oats, yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon, 2 teaspoons honey, and ice together in a blender until smooth. Divide it equally between two glasses.
- To make the peach layer, blend the peaches, ½ cup milk, 1 teaspoon honey and the lemon juice together in a blender until smooth. If using frozen peaches, you may need to add a little additional milk or water to get the blender going. Carefully pour equal amounts into the glasses on top of the blueberry layer, creating a second layer.
- Garnish the smoothie with blueberries, oats, and cinnamon