Ingredients for Hydrating Green SmoothieThis green smoothie is packed with nutritious fruits and veggies. All you need is:
- Baby spinach- packed with a wide array of nutrients including vitamins, minerals, fiber and phytonutrients that are beneficial for our health
- Pineapple- adds sweetness and a boost of vitamin C
- Banana- add sweetness and creaminess. To keep the smoothie extra cold, freeze the banana ahead of time.
- Milk- I like to use coconut almond milk blend because it keeps the smoothie light and adds a tropical flavor. When combined with the pineapple, it’s reminiscent of a piña colada.
How to make this green smoothieSimply place the milk in a high speed blender and add the baby spinach, pineapple, banana, and some ice. Then blend away! Take this smoothie on the go for a quick and healthy snack or drink it to hydrate and replenish after a work out. If you want to enjoy it as a meal replacement, add some protein and healthy fat such as protein powder, almond butter, chia seeds and/or oats. It’s even kid-approved. Both of my kids love it! This recipe is part of my 10 Healthy Smoothie Recipes For The New Year Collection
More Delicious Smoothie and Smoothie BowlsPineapple Banana Smoothie Raspberry Coconut Smoothie Bowl Mango and Spinach Smoothie Immunity-Boosting Orange Berry Smoothie Blueberry Banana Flaxseed Smoothie Chocolate Banana Date Smoothie
Hydrating Green Smoothie
My nutrient-packed Hydrating Green Smoothie has a mild, sweet flavor with a tropical flair.Print Pin Rate
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup coconut almond milk blend
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour into two glasses and serve.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 578mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 2947IU | Vitamin C: 92mg | Calcium: 273mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this Recipe? Pin it Today!Mention @FoodiePhysician or tag #TheFoodiePhysician!
Loved this Recipe? Click on the stars and rate it!
usha ruder says
Anything to cool us down in the summer.
Interesting combination of spinach with fruits! I will substitute regular milk for the blend.
Thank you! It's the perfect drink to cool down with 🙂
I love using banana and pineapple in my green smoothies too - this looks GORGEOUS - love the milk in there as well - delicious for sure!