This nutritious restaurant-quality Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta is so easy to make at home and comes together in just 30 minutes!
Thank you to Gorton’s for sponsoring this post! As always, all opinions expressed are 100% my own.
As a busy working mom, I know the struggle of getting nutritious meals on the table for my family, especially on busy weeknights. When people ask me how to eat healthy, one of my most common tips is to cook at home. After all, when you cook at home, you can control the ingredients and you know exactly what’s going into your food. But I know how hard it is to find the time. We’re all so busy these days between work, school, after-school activities, etc. that it can be really tempting to pick up food on the way home or order take out. But the good news is that it is possible to cook nutritious and delicious meals for your family that won’t have you slaving over a hot stove for hours. One of the ways you can do this is by taking some help from the grocery store.
I made this delicious Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta in just 30 minutes using Gorton’s Simply Bake Shrimp Scampi. You simply pop the bag in the oven and then while the shrimp are baking, you can prepare the rest of the dish. We eat a lot of seafood in my house. Seafood like fish and shrimp provide high-quality, lean protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and plenty of vitamins and minerals. When I buy seafood, I like to turn to companies like Gorton’s that have stood the test of time. I remember the iconic Gorton’s fisherman from when I was growing up. This 167-year-old company has been a trusted name for quality seafood for decades.
I’m happy to be part of the Gorton’s Going Global Campaign highlighting how their products can be used in dishes from all around the world. When I tasted the Simply Bake Shrimp Scampi, I knew it would taste great in a pasta dish with Mediterranean ingredients. I love Mediterranean flavors as they span a wide variety of cultures and cuisines including Italian, Greek, Turkish, French and Spanish.
While the shrimp is cooking in the oven, I boil some whole grain pasta and sauté earthy mushrooms, delicate baby spinach, and sweet sun-dried tomatoes in a skillet with some garlic. For an extra hit of flavor, I add a splash of white wine because it just makes everything taste better! Then, once the shrimp is done, I toss it into the pan along with all of that delicious, flavor-packed scampi sauce- yum!
To finish the sauce, I add a little bit of the pasta water and some grated Parmesan cheese. It’s a little trick used in Italian cooking and helps to coat the strands of pasta with a silky sauce. A final sprinkling of chopped parsley and voilà, dinner is served!
I just love the beautiful colors in this Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta! It looks like a restaurant-quality dish but it's so easy to make and it comes together in just 30 minutes! Nutrient-packed seafood, veggies, and whole grains- how can you go wrong? Your family will devour this!
Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta
- 2 boxes Gorton’s Simply Bake Shrimp Scampi
- 8 ounces linguini preferably whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini (baby bella) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1.5 ounces (⅓ cup) sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 ounces (3 packed cups) baby spinach
- ¼ cup white wine (can substitute chicken stock)
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional garnish: chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake the Simply Bake Shrimp Scampi according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the linguini and cook according to package directions. Drain the pasta reserving about 1 cup of the pasta liquid.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally until the start to soften. Add the garlic cook another minute until fragrant. Add the sundried tomatoes, spinach, wine, salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes until spinach wilts. Add the shrimp scampi along with the sauce and toss to combine.
- Add the cooked linguini and Parmesan cheese to the skillet. Add about ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water and toss to combine. Add more pasta water as needed until the sauce thickens and coats the pasta.
- Garnish the dish with chopped parsley and serve. Enjoy!
CLICK BELOW TO PIN!