With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I’m sure many of you are in menu planning mode. I know I am! As one of the biggest, if not the absolute biggest food holiday, Thanksgiving gets its fair share of attention from the food blogging community. It seems like social media has been taken over with holiday inspired recipes, and I’ve been seeing so many incredible dishes on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. So I thought I would share some of my favorites with you. The 20 recipes below include some appetizers, entrees, side dishes and desserts. Many of them are healthy and some are a bit more indulgent. Enjoy and happy cooking!
1. Pumpkin Hummus | The Muffin Myth. I love this autumn inspired spin on the classic dip.
2. Thanksgiving Hand-Pies filled with Roasted Butternut Squash & Carrots | Real Food by Dad. These little hand-pies from Matt, the dad behind the “real food,” look so cute and tasty.
4. Shredded Brussels Sprout and Toasted Pecan Salad | Seasonally Jane. I’m all about the humble Brussels sprout so this salad is definitely calling my name.
7. Cranberry Pecan Stuffing | Will Cook For Smiles. Have you ever seen a prettier stuffing?!
8. Apple Bread Stuffing | Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen. Carrie boosts the flavor of store-bought
stuffing by adding fresh herbs and apple- simple and delicious.
9. Cinnamon and Ginger-Spiced Cranberry-Orange Sauce | An Edible Mosaic. Faith, the woman behind “An Edible Mosaic,” takes cranberry sauce to the next level with this dish!
10. Rosemary Garlic Mashed Cauliflower | A Cookie Rookie. I really love the versatility of
cauliflower and this healthy puree is just one more reason why.
12. Sage Butter Roasted Turkey | The Food Charlatan. An overnight brine and a delicious herb
butter guarantee this turkey will be a Thanksgiving success story.
13. Healthy Turkey Roulade with Mushroom Stuffing & Blueberry Thyme Gravy | Food
Done Light. This is a wonderful way to prepare your bird for a smaller group.
14. Roast Pork Loin with Apple Cider Mustard Sauce | My Modern Cookery. Looking to switch it up this Thanksgiving? This gorgeous roast pork loin really embraces the flavors of fall.
15. Stuffed Delicata Squash with Wild Rice, Brown Butter and Sage | A Couple Cooks. This
stuffed squash is a vibrant and nutritious vegetarian main dish option.
16. Easy Classic Pecan Pie | Crazy for Crust. Sometimes you just can’t beat a classic!
17. Pumpkin Pie Milkshakes | Yeah…Immaeatthat via Healthy Aperture. Made with soy, these
milkshakes are the perfect vegan dessert for your holiday meal.
18. Caramel Rum Banana Bread Pudding | Bakers Royale. This dessert from Naomi looks
insanely decadent and delicious! Did you know her husband is Matt from Real Food by Dad (see
#2 above)? Talk about a dynamic duo!
19. Slow Cooker Baked Apples | Kara Lydon- The Foodie Dietician. Let the slow cooker do the
work for you with this yummy stress-free dessert.
20. Pumpkin Custard Cups | Amee’s Savory Dish. I love this twist on a traditional pumpkin pie.
***All photos are from the original recipe source.
What dish do you most look forward to at Thanksgiving? Leave a comment below and let me know!