Miso Roasted Rainbow Carrots
Miso Roasted Rainbow Carrots is a colorful, delicious dish that’s perfect for the holidays. It’s packed with nutritious ingredients and is so easy to make. I like to serve these carrots with a tangy Greek yogurt sauce and chopped cilantro for the perfect finishing touch!
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave
- ½ teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce (tamari if gluten free)
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
Miso Roasted Carrots
- 2 bunches rainbow carrots washed, peeled and stems trimmed
- 2 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil like safflower or vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon honey, agave or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce (or tamari)
- Optional garnish: chopped cilantro
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
To make the yogurt sauce, whisk the Greek yogurt, miso paste, honey, soy sauce, and rice vinegar together in a bowl. Set aside.
Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper. Spread the carrots out on the sheet pans in a single layer. If any of the carrots are very large, slice them in half lengthwise.
Whisk the oil, miso paste, honey, rice vinegar, and soy sauce together in a bowl until smooth. Reserve a small amount of the sauce to pour on the carrots after they’re done cooking. Pour the rest of the sauce on the carrots and toss to coat them evenly.
Roast carrots in the oven 25-30 minutes until caramelized and softened, turning them halfway through. Remove the carrots from the oven and pour the remaining sauce on them. Toss to combine.
Arrange the carrots on a serving platter and drizzle some yogurt sauce on top. Garnish with cilantro.
Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 295mg | Potassium: 306mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 14205IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg