Tropical Sunshine Smoothie
You'll feel like you're vacationing on a tropical island with this Tropical Sunshine Smoothie, which is packed with color, flavor and nutrients- especially Vitamin C!
Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Garnish glass with a slice of orange or piece of pineapple.
- If you like, you can use a mixture of 1 1/2 cups diced pineapple and 1/2 cup mango instead of 2 cups diced pineapple
- You can substitute other liquids as the base of the smoothie instead of orange juice. Coconut water and milk are examples.
- You can add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed for a boost of fiber, omega-3 fatty acids and phytonutrients.
- Frozen bananas work great in smoothies. I keep frozen bananas in my freezer to use for smoothies. Just be sure to peel them before freezing them- it's really hard to peel frozen bananas!
- Add a handful of ice to your smoothie if you're using fresh fruit. If using frozen fruit, you can skip the ice.
Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 838mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 297IU | Vitamin C: 122mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 1mg