Tropical Pineapple Banana Smoothie
You'll feel like you're vacationing on a tropical island with this delicious Tropical Pineapple Banana Smoothie. Made with a handful of ingredients, this simple smoothie can be made in just 5 minutes and is packed with color, flavor, and nutrients!
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Total Time5 minutes mins
Diet: Gluten Free, Low Calorie, Low Fat, Low Salt
- 2 cups diced pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 1 banana, preferably frozen
- 1 medium orange, peeled
- ¼ cup plain or vanilla 2% Greek yogurt
- ½ cup orange juice
- Flaxseed or chia seeds (optional)
- Ice (optional- not needed if pineapple and banana are frozen)
Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour into two glasses and serve.
- If you like, you can use a mixture of 1 ½ cups diced pineapple and ½ cup mango instead of 2 cups diced pineapple
- Frozen bananas work great in smoothies. I keep frozen bananas in my freezer to use for smoothies. Just be sure to peel them before freezing them- it's really hard to peel frozen bananas!
- You can substitute other liquids as the base of the smoothie instead of orange juice. Coconut water and milk are examples.
- You can add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed or chia seeds for a boost of fiber, omega-3 fatty acids and phytonutrients.
- Add a handful of ice to your smoothie if you're using fresh fruit. If using frozen fruit, you can skip the ice.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 838mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 297IU | Vitamin C: 122mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 1mg