My Asian Zoodle Tuna Salad is a light, nutritious dish that’s packed with color and flavor- plus it requires no cooking!
Thank you to StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® for sponsoring this post! As always, all opinions expressed are 100% my own.
It’s hard to believe that summer is ending and fall is right around the corner! Soon, the lazy days of summer will transition to the busier, activity-packed days that accompany the start of the school year. The change will be especially hard for me this year, as I’ll be returning to work after being on maternity leave this summer. Balancing work and two kids will be a new challenge but I’m ready for it!
Since I work long shifts in the ER, it’s important that I eat well-balanced meals that fill me up and give me energy without leaving me feeling tired afterwards. I like dishes that pack in plenty of protein and veggies as well as some healthy fats. I always try to pack a lunch from home so that I have something nutritious to eat when I get a few minutes, rather than picking on the not-so-healthy snacks in the doctors lounge.
My Asian Zoodle Tuna Salad is my new favorite lunch! It’s simple, nutritious, and tastes darn good too. Plus, it’s so colorful and pretty to look at- don’t you just want to dive right in? To top my salad, I like to use StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Yellowfin Tuna.
StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Pouches are packed in cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil, which gives them a rich, mellow flavor and tender texture. The tuna and salmon are all wild caught and are Keto, Paleo, and Mediterranean diet friendly. So, whether you’re following a specific diet or just looking to improve or maintain your overall health, they’re a great option for you. StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Pouches are full of vitamins and minerals and are a natural source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which have incredible health benefits. Plus, the pouches are so convenient and are an easy way to add a boost of nutrition to your lunch or dinner. Tuna spaghetti, tuna fried rice, tuna meatballs, and tuna tostadas are just a few of my favorite family-friendly recipes featuring this versatile protein.
I make the base of my Asian Zoodle Tuna Salad with zucchini noodles or as they’re otherwise known, “zoodles.” Zoodles are like a nutritious, low-carb version of spaghetti. You can make them with a spiralizer if you have one or you can just buy them at the grocery store. You can find them in the produce section or the freezer section.
I toss the zoodles with bell pepper, carrots, cabbage, and cilantro to add color as well as crunch. I like to use raw vegetables in this salad but if you prefer, you can sauté them quickly in a pan or steam them in the microwave for a few minutes. A light sesame ginger salad dressing coats all of the veggies and ties the whole dish together.
To learn more about StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.®, check out their website HERE.
My Asian Zoodle Tuna Salad is a light,
nutritious dish that’s packed with color and flavor- plus it requires no
- 4 cups (12 ounces) zucchini noodles (“zoodles”)
- 1½ cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup julienned or grated carrots
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4 packages StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Yellowfin Tuna
- 1 ½ teaspoons low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil like safflower or grapeseed oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey or maple syrup
- Combine the zucchini noodles, cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk the soy sauce, ginger, rice vinegar, oil, sesame oil, and honey together in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to combine.
- Divide the salad between four bowls and top each with a packet of StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Yellowfin Tuna. Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
Click below to pin!
This post was sponsored by StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.®.