Here in south Florida, popsicles are a year round treat. But for a lot of you, popsicle season will be ending soon. So before the cool weather arrives, make a batch of these Lemon Raspberry Buttermilk Popsicles and celebrate the remaining days of summer in style!
Stay hydrated and get a healthy dose of nutrients with these refreshing Lemon Raspberry Buttermilk Popsicles.
- 1 1/2 cups low fat buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons honey or sweetener of your choice
- 1 cup raspberries
- Whisk the buttermilk, lemon juice and honey together in a bowl. Pour the mixture into eight 3-oz popsicle molds. Place the raspberries in a bowl and crush them with a fork until pureed. Spoon equal amounts of the raspberry puree into the popsicle molds. Using a chopstick, carefully push the raspberry puree down into the buttermilk mixture, trying not to mix it in too much (if you mix it too much, the popsicles will turn pink). Place the popsicle sticks into the popsicles, cover and freeze for 2-3 hours until solid. Alternatively, if you don’t have popsicle molds, you can use small paper cups.
- To unmold, dip the popsicle molds in warm water and then pull the popsicles out. Enjoy!