Thank you Wild Selections® for sponsoring this post. Click here to learn more about Wild Selections®, the only full line of Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified sustainable seafood that gives back to our oceans, ensuring a fish-full future.
the whole week and avoid last-minute trips to the grocery store or take-out restaurant. But sometimes life can get hectic and every now and then, I’ll find myself tired and hungry after a long day at work, peering into my fridge, asking myself the time old question, “what’s for dinner?”
Making fried rice at home is quick, easy, inexpensive and so much healthier than eating restaurant fried rice. And the best part is, you can make it with ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3 teaspoons safflower, peanut or other neutral-flavored oil, divided
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, sliced (whites and greens separated)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (or tamari if gluten-free)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha (optional)
- 2 (5 oz) cans Wild Selections® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
- Place the quinoa in a saucepan with 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cover. Cook 10-15 minutes until done. Cool the quinoa, ideally overnight, in the refrigerator.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a wok over medium high heat. Beat the eggs in a bowl with a fork and add them to the pan. Season them with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until firm. Break the egg up into pieces with a spatula and transfer it to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in the wok. Add the garlic and cook a few seconds until fragrant. Add the scallion whites and bell pepper and cook a few minutes, stirring often, until crisp tender. Add the peas and cook another 1-2 minutes until heated through. Add the cooled quinoa and stir to combine. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, Sriracha, scallion greens, egg, and tuna and stir to combine well. Garnish with sliced scallions.
CLICK BELOW TO PIN!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.