By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by California Dried Plum Board and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
postmenopausal, osteopenic women. In addition, dried plums are low in calories and fat and are packed with several other important nutrients like fiber and potassium that are beneficial for heart health, digestive health, immunity and healthy aging.
Dried plums boost the flavor and nutrition of this delicious flatbread that's sure to be a hit with your family.
- 3 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil like safflower or grapeseed, divided use
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 ball (1 lb) pizza dough
- ½ cup California Dried Plums, chopped
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix 2 tablespoons oil, curry powder and ¼ teaspoon salt together in a medium bowl. Add the cauliflower and toss to combine. Spread the cauliflower out on a baking sheet and bake in the oven 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and 1/8 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and caramelized, about 25 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to 450°F. Place the pizza dough on a lightly greased baking sheet and stretch it out to a rectangle about ¼-inch thick. Spread the caramelized onions over the surface of the dough and arrange the spiced cauliflower and dried plums on top. Bake in the oven until crust is golden brown, 10-15 minutes.
- Make a cilantro yogurt sauce by blending the yogurt, cilantro, lemon juice, water and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a mini food processor or blender. Drizzle some sauce on top of the pizza and serve any remaining sauce on the side. Cut the flatbread into pieces and serve.