Sweet summer peaches are transformed into a delicious and elegant dessert when cooked on the grill. My Grilled Peaches with Greek Yogurt are the perfect summer treat!
I love grilling fruit in the summer! When you grill fruit, a magical thing happens as the natural sugars caramelize. It deepens the flavor and heightens the natural sweetness of the fruit.
I make these Grilled Peaches with Greek Yogurt using lovely, fresh peaches but you can use other fruit like nectarines, plums or pineapple.
How To Make This Dish
The technique is so simple! Here's how to grill peaches:
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat
- Cut the peaches in half and brush them with a little oil
- Place them on the grill, cut side down, and cook until grill marks develop, 4-5 minutes
- Flip the peaches over and cook another 3-4 minutes on the second side
- Remove them from the grill and serve them plain or with a dollop of Greek yogurt and any additional toppings
Resist the urge to move the peaches too much once you put them on the grill- that way you'll get nice grill marks.
How To Serve Grilled Peaches
I like to top my grilled peaches with a dollop of vanilla Greek yogurt. I love the combination of the sweet fruit and tangy yogurt. Plus, Greek yogurt adds a boost of protein and calcium. Read my post about how Greek yogurt compares to traditional yogurt nutritionally.
You can also add your favorite toppings like honey, nuts or granola.
In addition to dessert, you can enjoy these grilled peaches for breakfast or as a side dish, paired with grilled meat like chicken or pork. Happy grilling!
More Summer Fruit Recipes
WANT MORE HEALTHY RECIPES?
Sign up for my email list and I'll send you my FREE Superfood Recipes eBook along with weekly recipes!
Grilled Peaches with Greek Yogurt
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- Optional toppings: honey, chopped nuts, granola, mint leaves
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Brush the peaches with oil. Place them on the grill, cut side down, and cook until grill marks develop, 4-5 minutes. Flip the peaches over and cook another 3-4 minutes on the second side.
- To serve, place a dollop of yogurt on each peach half. Top with optional toppings such as honey, nuts, granola and mint leaves.
Leave a Reply