Satisfy your sweet tooth with this luscious and creamy Healthy Peach Frozen Yogurt. It's so easy to make- all you need is 4 ingredients and 5 minutes! No ice cream maker required. It's a healthy peach dessert that the whole family will love!
There's nothing more refreshing on a hot summer's day than a frozen cold treat. Some of our family favorites are my 4-Ingredient Blueberry Yogurt Popsicles, Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles, and One-Ingredient Banana Ice Cream.
I'm always on a quest for more quick and healthy dessert recipes. Let’s face it, it’s hard to find easy, guilt-free desserts that also taste great.
Enter this delicious healthy homemade peach frozen yogurt. All you need to make it is 4 ingredients and 5 minutes!
Homemade Peach Frozen Yogurt
I'm really excited about this Healthy Peach Frozen Yogurt because not only is it delicious and easy to make, it's healthy too!
Fresh peaches are a summer treat. However, this recipe uses frozen peaches, so you can enjoy this healthy peach dessert all year round.
To make this cool, refreshing peach frozen yogurt, you simply blend frozen peaches, Greek yogurt, honey and lemon juice in a food processor. In a few minutes, you'll have a creamy, healthy frozen peach yogurt that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
This recipe is so easy and no ice cream maker is required! Your kids will also love this frozen peach dessert. It's the perfect healthy snack for kids. They'll love eating it and you'll feel good knowing that you're giving them a wholesome and nutritious treat.
Why You'll Love This Dish
- Super fast- ready in 5 minutes!
- Easy- only 4 ingredients!
- No ice cream maker needed
- A healthy dessert or snack
- Kids will love it too
- Endlessly customizable
What's the Difference Between Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt?
Both ice cream and frozen yogurt are creamy frozen desserts that are made with dairy and sugar. However, the type of dairy base is where the difference lies.
Ice cream is made with cream while frozen yogurt is made with yogurt, which is cultured milk. Some ice creams can also have egg yolks incorporated into the recipe.
Ounce for ounce, frozen yogurt typically has less calories and saturated fat than ice cream. In addition, frozen yogurt has the benefit of containing gut-friendly probiotics.
However, some store brands of frozen yogurt can have a lot of sugar- sometimes even more than ice cream. This extra sugar is to compensate for the tangy flavor of the yogurt.
Forget buying flavored froyo from the store- this homemade peach frozen Greek yogurt is a lot healthier! It's made with just a few simple ingredients- peaches, Greek yogurt, honey, and lemon juice.
Some store bought brands of frozen yogurt can have a lot of sugar. But with this homemade peach frozen yogurt, you can control the amount of sugar.
Peaches are packed with nutrients. They're a very good source of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant. They also provide several other nutrients like fiber, vitamin A, potassium, and niacin.
I blend frozen peaches with Greek yogurt to make this tasty dessert. Greek yogurt is a superfood and is so versatile. It adds a creamy texture and rich flavor to many dishes. It also adds a boost of protein, calcium and probiotics, which are beneficial for your digestive health.
- Peaches- you'll need frozen peaches for this recipe
- Greek yogurt- you can use plain or flavored yogurt; you'll have to adjust the sweetness if using plain
- Honey or other sweetener like agave or maple syrup- the liquid sweetener is not just for sweetness, it also helps prevent ice crystals from forming and keeps the frozen yogurt soft
- Lemon juice- for brightness
My mini food processor is one of my most used kitchen items! I use it for everything from chopping vegetables to making sauces to making frozen desserts like this.
How To Make Healthy Peach Frozen Yogurt
- Step 1- Put frozen peaches in the bowl of a food processor.
- Step 2- Add the yogurt and honey (or other sweetener).
- Step 3- Blend until smooth, about 3-5 minutes. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- Step 4- Serve immediately or freeze for a couple of hours for a firmer texture. Then, scoop and enjoy!
I like my frozen yogurt on the tart side so I just use a little honey. Adjust the amount of sweetener to your taste. If you use plain yogurt rather than flavored, you'll probably need to add a little more sweetener.
If you like soft serve, eat the frozen yogurt right away. If you prefer a firmer texture, freeze it for a couple of hours first.
This recipe is endlessly customizable! Try it with other fruits like strawberries, blueberries, mango, or pineapple. You can also stir in other ingredients like nuts, coconut, peanut butter or chocolate chips.
You can freeze yogurt however it will just freeze in a solid block. To get the creamy texture of frozen yogurt, you need to purée it in a food processor like in this recipe.
You can use many different types of fruit to make frozen yogurt so have fun experimenting! Some examples are strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, mango, and pineapple.
No, you don't need an ice cream maker to make this peach frozen yogurt.
Ounce for ounce, frozen yogurt typically has fewer calories and saturated fat than ice cream. In addition, frozen yogurt has the benefit of probiotics. However, some store brands of frozen can have a lot of sugar- sometimes even more than ice cream. That's why homemade frozen yogurt recipes like this one are great- you can control the amount of sugar.
More Summer Desserts
Healthy Peach Frozen Yogurt (5 Minute Recipe)
- 16 ounces frozen peaches (do not defrost)
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey, agave or sweetener of your choice (adjust amount to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a large food processor.
- Blend, scraping down the sides occasionally, until it forms a creamy, smooth mixture. This will take about 3-5 minutes.
- At this point you can serve the frozen yogurt and it will have the texture of soft serve. For a firmer texture, transfer the mixture to a freezer container and freeze for a couple of hours before serving.