|Photo courtesy of Taste of Home|
I’m so excited that one of my recipes was published in this month’s Taste of Home magazine and it’s also going to be featured on the TV show Home & Family on the Hallmark channel! The show is scheduled to air next week and because it’s filmed in Los Angeles, I’ll be on via Skype. My Feta Shrimp Skillet is a dish that I created years ago after my husband Pete and I honeymooned in Greece. We fell in love with Greek cuisine, which focuses on fresh ingredients (especially seafood) and clean, simple flavors. This dish is healthy, easy to make and comes together in one skillet in just about 20 minutes. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal that the whole family will love. Be sure to serve it with crusty bread on the side to soak up the yummy sauce.
Feta Shrimp Skillet
Author: The Foodie Physician
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- ¼ cup white wine, optional
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and, if desired, wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and parsley; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is softened.
Update: The episode of Home & Family featuring my recipe aired this week! CLICK HERE to watch a video of my segment.