My Tandoori Chicken Pizza has a nice mix of sweet and savory Indian flavors that put a unique twist on classic pizza. I layer spiced chicken, sweet mango chutney, and colorful veggies on whole wheat pizza dough and finish it off with a cooling cilantro yogurt sauce.
More Tasty Recipes:
- Tandoori Chicken Kabobs
- Mediterranean Socca Pizza
- The Ultimate Chicken Quesadillas
- Chicken and Green Chile Naan Quesadillas
- Beef Kofta Kebabs with Tzatziki Sauce
Tandoori Chicken Pizza
- 1 ball (1 lb.) prepared whole-wheat pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- ¾ cup store-bought mango chutney such as Major Grey’s
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tandoori chicken kabobs, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
Cilantro Yogurt Sauce:
- ⅓ cup reduced fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Place a pizza stone on the lowest rack of the oven and preheat oven to 500 degrees for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll the pizza dough out to a 15-inch circle. Sprinkle the cornmeal on a pizza peel and transfer the dough onto the peel. Alternatively, if you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a baking sheet. Spread the mango chutney evenly over the dough leaving a ½-inch border. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and chopped chicken over the chutney. Toss the pepper and onion slices with the oil and sprinkle them evenly over the pizza.
- Transfer the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- While the pizza is baking, prepare the cilantro yogurt sauce. Place the yogurt, cilantro, ginger, lemon juice and salt in a mini food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- When the pizza is done, remove it from the oven and drizzle cilantro yogurt sauce on top. Garnish with cilantro leaves. Devour!
What are your favorite pizza toppings? Leave a comment and let me know!