Chicken, colorful veggies, and plenty of ooey, gooey cheese come together in these Ultimate Rotisserie Chicken Quesadillas. It's a quick and easy dinner that can be made in 30 minutes and your family will love it!
When fall arrives, it means resetting our daily routines. Now that summer is over, life tends to be a lot more hectic- especially now that I have two kids.
I know what a challenge it can be to get dinner on the table while juggling everything else. The struggle is real!
That’s why it’s always a good idea to have a handful of quick and easy dinner recipes that you can turn to on those busy nights. Some of my favorite 30-minute meals are my Crispy Baked Panko Chicken, Juicy Air Fryer Turkey Burgers, and Sheet Pan Sweet Chili Salmon & Veggies.
My Ultimate Rotisserie Chicken Quesadillas are the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner. They're also a perfect game day dish during football season or any time of the year. Using a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store makes prep a cinch!
In less than thirty minutes, you’ll have a delicious and nutritious dinner that the whole family will enjoy. Chicken and colorful veggies sandwiched between golden brown tortillas with plenty of ooey, gooey melted cheese- what’s not to love?
- Olive oil
- Vegetables- red onion and yellow or red bell peppers
- Rotisserie chicken
- Spices- chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt
- Tortillas- I use whole wheat tortillas
- Shredded cheese- I use Mexican blend
- Avocado- I use Hass avocados
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken Quesadillas
These rotisserie chicken quesadillas have a lot of the same flavors and ingredients as chicken fajitas. But they're even better than fajitas because the ingredients are sandwiched between soft tortillas with plenty of gooey, melted cheese and creamy avocado.
To make these quesadillas, start by sautéing sliced onion and colorful bell peppers in a skillet.
Then, dice or shred up your rotisserie chicken and toss it into the skillet with the vegetables. Stir in some cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder to infuse the mixture with plenty of flavor.
To assemble these rotisserie chicken quesadillas, lay your tortillas on a flat surface. Top one half of each tortilla with the chicken and vegetable mixture, some shredded cheese, and my secret ingredient that makes these quesadillas sooooo good… avocado.
There’s just something about the creamy avocado that’s so irresistible when it combines with the gooey melted cheese.
Plus, because avocados are naturally creamy, you can use a lot less cheese than you typically find in quesadilla recipes. By replacing some of the saturated fat found in cheese with the heart healthy unsaturated fat in avocados, this quesadilla is a healthier choice.
The last step is to fold the tortillas in half and toast them in a skillet (I like to use a cast iron skillet). Cook them for a couple of minutes on each side until the tortillas are golden brown and crispy on the outside and the cheese is melted on the inside.
If you have an air fryer, you can also cook these rotisserie chicken quesadillas in the air fryer. Check out my easy Air Fryer Quesadillas.
To serve these quesadillas, cut them into triangles and arrange them on a platter. Then, grab your your favorite toppings like salsa, sour cream or guacamole. If you're a fan of Chipotle's Roasted Chili Corn Salsa, try my Chipotle corn salsa copycat recipe.
These tasty quesadillas with rotisserie chicken are perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. It's also a great game day dish and can feed a crowd. Serve them to your hungry guests and watch them be devoured!
More Game Day Recipes
WANT MORE HEALTHY RECIPES?
Sign up for my email list and I'll send you my FREE Superfood Recipes eBook along with weekly recipes!
The Ultimate Rotisserie Chicken Quesadillas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces shredded or diced rotisserie chicken (about 1¼ cups)
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 Hass avocado, pitted and sliced
- salsa, sour cream (or Greek yogurt), corn salsa, cilantro
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Add the onion and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly charred, about 7-8 minutes. Stir in the chicken, chili powder, cumin, garlic, and salt.
- Lay the tortillas out on a cutting board. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons shredded cheese on half of each tortilla. Spoon some of the chicken mixture on top. Place a few slices of avocado on top of the chicken and top with another 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold the tortillas in half over the filling and press down to flatten slightly.
- Spray a large skillet with olive oil spray and place two quesadillas in the skillet. Cook a few minutes on each side until the tortillas are toasted and cheese is melted. Remove to a plate and cook the remaining two quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into three pieces and serve with desired toppings.
About the author