This banana ice cream is perfect for the summer- it’s quick, easy and you don’t even need an ice cream maker.
- 4 medium ripe bananas, peeled
- Cut the bananas into 1-inch pieces. Put them on a plate in a single layer and freeze until solid, at least 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Place the frozen banana pieces in a food processor.
- Puree until creamy, 2-3 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed.
- The ice cream can be served at this point and will have a texture similar to soft serve ice cream. For a firmer texture, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place it in the freezer for at least an hour. Let the ice cream soften about 10 minutes before serving.
Banana Peanut Butter- add 2 Tablespoons peanut butter to the ice cream and blend.
Chunky Monkey- stir 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts into the ice cream.
Banana Nutella- add 1/4 cup Nutella to the ice cream and blend
Banana Berry- freeze 2 cups chopped strawberries with the bananas. Puree together in a food processor with 1/3 cup low fat milk.