In my last post, I shared the recipe for my Greek Chicken Meatballs and told you I’d be back with another recipe using those same meatballs. It’s part of my Cook Once, Eat Twice philosophy of cooking. I like making a large batch of these delicious meatballs and then using them in lots of other dishes. These meatballs are very versatile and they freeze well so they’re prefect when you need to get a quick meal on the table. My Greek Meatball Pita Sandwiches are great for a light lunch or dinner. Simply tuck a couple of meatballs into a pita pocket, add some fresh spinach, tomato and a dollop of homemade tzatziki, and you’re ready to go! You may want to make extra tzatziki- it’s great with grilled meat, sandwiches, as a dip for vegetables and much more.
Greek Meatball Pita Sandwiches
My Greek Meatball Pita Sandwiches are great for a light lunch or dinner.
- 4 Greek Chicken Meatballs (CLICK HERE for the recipe)
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves (I used Toufayan Bakeries Everything Smart Pockets)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup tzatziki
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup grated or finely chopped English cucumber
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped, fresh dill or parsley
- To make the tzatziki, mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- To make the sandwiches, fill each pita half with 2 or 3 meatballs (cut them in half if needed), ½ cup baby spinach and some tomato slices. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons of tzatziki. Save remaining tzatziki for another use.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.2g | Protein: 23.5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0.9g | Sodium: 460mg | Fiber: 5.8g