Thank you Bumble Bee Seafoods for sponsoring this post. Try Bumble Bee Sensations® Seasoned Tuna or Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Gourmet Flavors Albacore Tuna in your recipes this summer!
I love summer cooking, don’t you? When I think of summer recipes, I think of simple dishes that are easy to make and even easier to eat. I think of recipes that can feed a crowd for a casual backyard get-together, a picnic or even a trip to the beach. When summer comes around, I definitely prefer dishes that can be popped in the oven or cooked on a grill rather than those that involve sweating over a hot stove!
Tomato & Basil and Lemon & Pepper. They’re great to add to your favorite sandwich or seafood recipes. They also come in ready-to-eat kits with crackers- perfect to take to work or anytime when you want a nutritious and convenient meal.
This recipe makes about 16 mini meatballs but you may want to double the recipe if you’re feeding a crowd. Trust me, they won’t last long!
Packed with Asian flavors, these mini tuna meatballs are perfect for summer entertaining!
- 2 cans Bumble Bee Sensations® Seasoned Tuna Medley Bowl Spicy Thai Chili
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 1 egg
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs, preferably whole wheat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup light sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix the tuna, scallions, egg and breadcrumbs together in a large bowl. Form the mixture into small meatballs, about 1 heaping tablespoon each. If the mixture seems to wet, add more breadcrumbs as needed.
- Coat a baking sheet with the olive oil. Place the meatballs on the baking sheet and roll them around to coat them with the oil. Bake in the oven, turning the meatballs occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 15 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, make the Creamy Sweet Chili Sauce by mixing the Thai sweet chili sauce, sour cream, cilantro and lime juice together in a small bowl.
- Arrange meatballs on a serving platter with the dipping sauce on the side.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.