Recently, I was asked to participate in the new Be More Here campaign by Dixie®. This campaign is all about the importance of spending time with family and friends and being present in the moment. It’s definitely a topic that I can relate to. When it comes to spending time with loved ones, it’s all about quality, not quantity. As a working mom, I often feel stretched for time. So I really value the time I have with my daughter Sienna, especially when I see how quickly she is growing every day.
stacking my mixing bowls and crushing eggs. As much as I love to have her in the kitchen with me, my kitchen often looks like a disaster zone afterwards and I’m usually dreading the thought of cleaning up. Using Dixie® plates allows me to focus on spending quality time with Sienna, rather than worrying about all of the time I’m going to spend washing dishes afterwards.
Of course, half of the flour and breadcrumbs ended up on the floor but that’s part of the process when cooking with a two-year-old!
After a spray of olive oil and a quick bake in the oven, these nutritious fries were ready to be devoured!
Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, preferably whole wheat
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound), cut into sticks
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet and spray or brush it with olive oil.
- Prepare your breading station. Place the flour on a plate or shallow dish. Mix the egg with 1 tablespoon water in a second dish. In a third dish, mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt together until well combined.
- Working in batches, dip the zucchini into the flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip into the egg and finally the breadcrumbs, coating all sides well with the mixture. Place the zucchini fries on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven until fries are golden brown and tender, 18-22 minutes. Cool and serve with your favorite dipping sauce like Ranch or marinara.