Crunchy, refreshing and delightfully tangy- who doesn’t love a good pickle? Plus, they’re a cinch to make at home!
Super Easy Refrigerator Dill Pickles
- ¾ cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- ⅛ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 12 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (optional)
- 1 pound Kirby, mini or Persian cucumbers (about 5 pickles), cut into spears
- Heat the vinegar, water, salt and sugar together in a medium saucepan, stirring occasionally, until the salt and sugar are dissolved. Remove from heat and cool.
- Divide the garlic, chili flakes, dill, coriander seeds and mustard seeds between two standard (1 ½ cup) mason jars. Place the cucumber spears in the jars, packing them in to fit. Pour the brine mixture into the jars. Add water as needed to cover the cucumbers with liquid. Close the jars and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
- Store pickles in a sealed jar in the fridge.