Break out of your breakfast boredom with my Strawberry Stuffed French Toast! French toast is stuffed with a creamy mixture of fresh strawberries, ricotta and Neufchâtel cheese. It’s a delicious and nutritious family-friendly dish that will make you feel like you’re indulging in a decadent treat!
I’m always looking for healthy and delicious breakfast ideas. On workdays, I’m usually rushing out the door in the morning and prefer portable breakfasts to take on the go.
But on my days off, I love having a relaxing breakfast at home with my family. Some of my favorite family breakfast dishes are my crockpot French toast casserole, strawberry oatmeal blender pancakes, and blueberry lemon Dutch baby.
My Strawberry Stuffed French Toast is the perfect way to break out of your usual breakfast routine. It’s a delicious and nutritious family-friendly dish that will make you feel like you’re indulging in a decadent treat.
I stuff French toast with a creamy mixture of fresh strawberries, ricotta and Neufchâtel cheese. How can you beat that?
Top it with some maple syrup and fresh berries for the perfect finishing touch. For young eaters, you can cut the French toast into triangles or sticks and serve them with maple syrup on the side as a dipping sauce.
More Breakfast Dishes
YOUR PATH TO WELLNESS STARTS HERE!
Get my best healthy recipes and tips sent straight to your inbox!
Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
- ½ cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces Neufchâtel cheese, at room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided use
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons coconut sugar or honey, divided
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 1 cup sliced strawberries plus extra for garnish
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk, any type
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Oil or butter, for the griddle
- Optional: maple syrup for serving
- Mix the ricotta cheese, Neufchâtel cheese, 1 teaspoon vanilla, lemon juice and 2 teaspoons sugar (or honey) together in a bowl. Spread equal amounts of the filling on each slice of bread. Arrange strawberry slices on the surface of 4 slices of bread and top them with the other 4 slices of bread, forming 4 sandwiches.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon, ½ teaspoon vanilla, and 1 teaspoon sugar (or honey) together in a bowl or shallow dish.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat and brush with a small amount of oil or butter. Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture for a few seconds on each side and then place them on the griddle. Cook 3–4 minutes until golden brown, then flip and cook another 3–4 minutes on the second side.
- Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and let them cool slightly. Cut into triangles. Serve with fresh strawberries and a little maple syrup.
Since breakfast really is my favorite meal of the day, I've got plenty of recipes on the blog. Here's a little round- up of some of my faves- enjoy!
Apple Dutch Baby Sweet Potato Pancakes
Tropical Smoothie Bowl Rise & Shine Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
Strawberry Almond Breakfast Quinoa Spinach, Mushroom and Gruyere Strata
Zucchini and Corn Frittata Raspberry Almond Chia Pudding
Check out to below to see what my fellow Recipe Reduxers are serving up for breakfast!