My Grilled Buffalo Shrimp are the perfect game day finger food! They're super easy to make, nutritious, and can feed a crowd.
Are you ready for some football?! The big game is just around the corner and whether you'll be hosting a party or attending someone else's, here are some great dishes to make for your friends and family. These tasty and nutritious recipes are guaranteed to score a touchdown! Instead of traditional chicken wings which are usually deep fried, I'm serving my Grilled Buffalo Shrimp with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce.
Everyone loves shrimp- they make great finger food and they cook up really fast on the grill. By grilling instead of deep frying, you're also cutting loads of calories and fat. To add great flavor to these buffalo shrimp, I toss them with hot sauce and just a small amount of butter, which is significantly less than the full stick of butter that many recipes call for. I serve the shrimp along with a cooling homemade blue cheese sauce and fresh veggies like carrots and celery.
- Don't overcook the shrimp! Shrimp cook really quickly, in a matter of minutes. When they turn opaque and pink, they're done! If you cook them for too long, they'll get touch and rubbery.
- Buy shrimp with the tails on. The tails are like built in handles, which make these shrimp the perfect finger food!
- Don't have a grill? No problem! You can cook these shrimp in a skillet or in the oven.
- Leftover shrimp can be used in a variety of dishes! Use them to make buffalo shrimp wraps or to top your dinner salad.
- Not a fan of blue cheese? Serve these shrimp with Ranch dressing instead.
More Game Day Recipes
- Ultimate Chicken Quesadillas
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Little Italy Meatballs Sliders
- Butternut Squash and Turkey Chili
- Strawberry Jalapeño Salsa
Grilled Buffalo Shrimp with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
Grilled Buffalo Shrimp:
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with the tail attached
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup hot sauce such as Frank’s
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 6 celery stalks cut into 4-inch sticks
- 6 carrots cut into 4-inch sticks
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- ¼ cup low fat buttermilk
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
- To make the blue cheese dipping sauce, mix the sour cream, buttermilk, blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and scallions together in a small bowl. Season the sauce with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toss the shrimp in a bowl with the oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. In a second bowl, mix the hot sauce and butter together.
- Spray the grill with cooking spray. Grill the shrimp 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through. Place the shrimp in the bowl with the hot sauce and butter mixture and toss to coat them with the sauce. Serve buffalo shrimp on a platter with celery sticks, carrots and lemon wedges. Serve blue cheese dipping sauce on the side.