Made with just a handful of ingredients, these Spooky Witches’ Fingers are the perfect fun and nutritious Halloween treat. Make them in just 30 minutes and there's no cooking involved!
Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. My husband Pete and I love dressing up every year and now that we have kids, it’s even more fun! We decorate the house inside and out with spooky decorations and of course, I can’t resist making some fun Halloween-themed treats for everyone to snack on.
As I was perusing all of the creative Halloween recipes out there, I came across several for witches’ fingers cookies. But the one that really caught my eye was this raw version.
It reminded me of my Coconut Cashew Bliss Balls, which are one of my favorite healthy snacks. I make them by grinding up cashews, dates and coconut and rolling them into bite-sized balls. It’s a super easy and nutrient-dense dish that kids love.
So I decided to take my recipe and form the mixture into witches’ fingers instead of balls. The result? Perfectly spooky! And these Spooky Witches’ Fingers are a much healthier option than the sugary candy that kids typically eat on Halloween.
All you need are cashews, dates, coconut, strawberry preserves, almonds and a pinch of salt- no baking required!
How To Make Spooky Witches' Fingers
These Spooky Witches’ Fingers are so easy to make and even more fun to eat! So get your kids in the kitchen- they'll have a blast helping you mold and decorate these ghoulish treats.
Simply purée the cashews, dates, coconut, salt, and touch of water in a food processor. Form the mixture into long fingers. Then, add a little bit of strawberry preserves and a sliced almond on the end of each finger to create a bloody fingernail. That's it!
A healthy and creepy snack that your kids will love to eat on Halloween? Sounds pretty perfect to me!
These spooky recipes are part of my Best Healthy Halloween Snacks Recipe Round Up!
More Tasty Treats
WANT MORE HEALTHY RECIPES?
Sign up for my email list and I'll send you my FREE Superfood Recipes eBook along with weekly recipes!
Spooky Witches’ Fingers
- ¾ cup Whole Unsalted Roasted Cashews
- 1 cup Dried Dates
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Large pinch of sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Strawberry Preserves
- 10 Sliced Almonds
- Pulse the cashews in a food processor several times until no large chunks remain. Add the dates, coconut, and salt and continue to process until a crumbly mixture forms. With the food processor running, pour in the water and process until the mixture looks like wet sand. If needed, add a little bit more water until it holds together.
- Scoop out balls of the mixture (about 1 ½ tablespoons each) and roll them into logs about the size of a finger. Mold them to look like fingers, forming knuckles and a fingertip on each one. To create the nail bed, make an indentation on the fingertip and spoon on a small amount of strawberry preserves. Add an almond slice to create the nail. Serve. The witches’ fingers can be made ahead of time and refrigerated.