Beat the heat this summer with my Strawberry Greek Yogurt Popsicles– a fun and nutritious summer treat that kids and adults will love. The recipe uses Greek yogurt- one of my favorite ingredients. Not only is it healthy but it’s also delicious and so versatile. While most people have tried Greek yogurt plain or perhaps topped with fruit or granola, the truth is that it can be used in a very wide variety of dishes, both savory and sweet. It’s is a nice healthy substitute for high calorie condiments like mayonnaise and sour cream. It can also be added to sauces, soups and pasta dishes to add creaminess without adding any fat. You can even use it in desserts like cakes, cheesecake and pudding. To read all about Greek yogurt, CLICK HERE.
- 2 cups sliced strawberries (10 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons honey or other sweetener of your choice
- 1 ½ cups vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- Place the strawberries and 2 tablespoons honey in a food processor and puree until it is smooth with some small chunks of fruit.
- Mix the yogurt and remaining tablespoon honey in a bowl until smooth.
- Spoon 2-3 teaspoons of the strawberry puree into the bottom of each popsicle mold and then spoon about 1 ½ tablespoons yogurt on top of the fruit. Repeat with another layer each of strawberry puree and yogurt.
- Place the popsicle sticks into the popsicles, cover and freeze for a few hours until solid. Alternatively, if you don’t have popsicle molds, you can use small paper cups. To unmold, dip the popsicle molds in warm water to loosen them and then pull the popsicles out.
Looking for some more popsicle ideas? Try my Cucumber Mojito Popsicles, which combine refreshing cucumber with all of the ingredients in a classic mojito- mint, lime juice and rum. Leave out the rum for a family-friendly version. CLICK HERE for the recipe.
My Strawberry Balsamic Popsicles use balsamic vinegar, which amplifies the flavor of the strawberries. CLICK HERE for the recipe. Enjoy!