This delicious Chocolate Coconut Almond Granola is perfect for breakfast or anytime you’re having a chocolate craving! It's deliciously crunchy, nutty, and chocolaty all at once. You'll never buy granola again!
Did you know that it’s really easy to make your own granola at home? Most of us think of granola as a healthy food. But store-bought granola can often contain large amounts of hidden sugar and fat. When you make your own granola at home, however, you can control the ingredients.
My Chocolate Coconut Almond Granola is deliciously crunchy, nutty, and chocolaty all at once. The flavors are reminiscent of an Almond Joy, one of my favorite candy bars.
I love to eat this granola on top of Greek yogurt for breakfast. It’s also a perfect decadent-tasting snack.
How to make it
I make the base of my granola with nutritious ingredients like whole grain oats, almonds, coconut flakes, and pumpkin seeds. Oats are whole grains and are a good source of iron and fiber. Fiber has many health benefits including stabilizing blood sugar, protecting against heart disease and promoting gut health.
Once my dry ingredients are assembled, I whisk together coconut oil, cacao powder, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla to form a creamy base. Then I toss everything together to coat all of the dry ingredients and spread the granola out on a baking sheet. Then, into the oven it goes for about 20 minutes.
Once the granola cools a bit, I toss in some cacao nibs for an extra pop of flavor. You can also use dark chocolate chips. Don’t worry if the granola doesn’t seem too crunchy at this point- it will crisp up as it cools.
The Chocolate Coconut Almond Granola can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Make a batch on the weekend and you can enjoy it all week long!
Crunchy, nutty, and packed with chocolaty goodness. Plus, you’re getting a good dose of whole grains, protein and fiber. Enjoy it alone as a snack or sprinkle it on top of Greek yogurt or oatmeal. Who says you can’t have chocolate for breakfast?
More tasty breakfast recipes
Chocolate Coconut Almond Granola
- 2 cups Farmer Direct Organic Regular Rolled Oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Mix the oats, coconut, almonds, seeds, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the coconut oil, cacao powder, almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla together in another large bowl. Add the dry ingredients and stir to coat well.
- Spread the granola out in a thin layer on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven 10-12 minutes, then stir the granola and bake another 10 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and cool (granola will crisp up as it cools). Once cool, stir in the cacao nibs.
- Serve the granola plain, or with milk or yogurt. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.