of espresso along with vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice. Top with steamed milk and garnish with cinnamon.
My Pumpkin Turkey Chili is a great way to use canned pumpkin and is a nutritious meal that your whole family will love.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 package (20 ounces) lean ground turkey (93% lean)
- 1-2 chipotle in adobo, seeded and minced (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from the can)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cans (15.5 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) canned pumpkin
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced, fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese, reduced fat Greek yogurt sour cream, cilantro sprigs, chopped onion and avocado
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or other heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper and garlic and stir to coat with the oil. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4-5 minutes. Add the turkey and cook until browned, breaking it up as it cooks. Stir in the chipotles, adobo sauce, cumin, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Then add the beans, pumpkin, tomatoes, and chicken stock and stir to combine well.
- Simmer the chili, partially covered, for 20 minutes. Stir in the cilantro. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. To serve, spoon chili into bowls and serve plain or topped with desired garnishes like cheese, yogurt/sour cream, cilantro, onion and/or avocado.