Sweet raspberries, tangy lemon curd and creamy yogurt come together in this craveable summer dish!
Stony field and prAna have partnered in the #SummerCravings campaign! I received samples to develop this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
What are you craving this summer?
For me, summer means taking a little break and slowing down a bit. What I crave is time off with my family to enjoy the simple things- lazy days at the beach or pool, grilling outdoors, outdoor music festivals, food truck events, etc. I crave cute summer dresses, colorful salads with vibrant summer vegetables, fresh berries, locally caught seafood, and plenty of sweet treats.
I’ve never blogged about clothing before but when prAna and Stonyfield teamed up and offered to send me this beautiful sustainably made Quinn dress AND an additional dress to give away to one of my readers, I just couldn’t say no!
What I love about prAna is that their clothing is all beautiful, functional and sustainably made. This Quinn dress is made of a stretchy, quick drying fabric that’s super comfortable and can be dressed up or down. It works as a casual daytime dress but can also be dressed up with jewelry and heels for a night out. It has a scoop neck design and double strap racerback style with a built-in bra for support. And it’s Bluesign certified, which indicates the highest standard in the textile industry for environmental health, safety and chemical management.
What else am I craving this summer? These easy Lemon Raspberry Chia Yogurt Fools. You might think that a fool is a strange name for a dessert but it’s actually a traditional British dessert. A fool is typically made by folding stewed fruit into whipped cream- a nice simple and delicious dessert that’s perfect for summer. I decided to make a healthier version using Stonyfield Whole Milk Greek yogurt. It’s thick, creamy and satisfying and also gives you a boost of protein. It’s the perfect healthy substitute for whipped cream.
To make the fools, I simmer fresh summer raspberries with a touch of honey and add some chia seeds to thicken the mixture slightly. Then I layer the berry compote with creamy Greek yogurt and tangy lemon curd, swirling it all together. The combination of sweet raspberries, tangy lemon curd and creamy yogurt is out of this world! Pure summer bliss.
So tell me, what are you craving this summer?
Lemon Raspberry Chia Yogurt Fools
Author: The Foodie Physician
Recipe type: Snack
- 1 (6 ounce) container raspberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- ½ cup jarred lemon curd
- 2 cups Stonyfield Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt
- Optional garnish: fresh raspberries and vanilla cookies or shortbread
- Heat the raspberries in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer a few minutes until the berries start to soften and break down. Mash them lightly with a fork, leaving some chunks. Stir in the honey and chia seeds and cook a few more minutes. Turn the heat off and let the mixture cool.
- Stir the lemon curd to loosen it. If needed, heat it in the microwave for a few seconds. To assemble each fool, place ¼ cup yogurt in a parfait dish or glass. Top with some raspberry chia compote, swirling it into the yogurt. Top with a tablespoon of lemon curd. Repeat with another layer or yogurt, fruit and lemon curd. Garnish with fresh raspberries and cookies, if desired.
Serving size: One Calories: 232 Fat: 6.2g Saturated fat: 3.3g Carbohydrates: 30.8g Sodium: 85mg Fiber: 3.4g Protein: 11.8g
Check out prAna.com for yourself! My readers can save 15% off your prAna order with this special code: SCS16SORU
This offer is not valid for prAna Influencers, on Gift Certificates or with any other offers
Offer valid from now until July 7
One lucky reader will also win this beautiful Quinn dress (retail $79) in the color and size of your choice! I got it in Gravel Guava but there are so many great colors to choose from!
Enter below for a chance to win!