What are you craving this summer?
For me, summer means taking a little break and slowing down a bit. What I crave is time off with my family to enjoy the simple things- lazy days at the beach or pool, grilling outdoors, outdoor music festivals, food truck events, etc. I crave cute summer dresses, colorful salads with vibrant summer vegetables, fresh berries, locally caught seafood, and plenty of sweet treats.
What is a fool?
What else am I craving this summer? These easy Lemon Raspberry Yogurt Fools. You might think that a fool is a strange name for a dessert but it’s actually a traditional British dessert. A fruit fool is made by folding stewed fruit into custard or whipped cream. It’s a simple and delicious dessert that’s perfect for summer. I decided to make a healthier version using Greek yogurt. It’s thick, creamy and satisfying and also gives you a boost of protein. It’s the perfect healthy substitute for whipped cream.
How to Make Lemon Raspberry Yogurt Fools
More Summer Desserts
- Grilled Peaches with Greek Yogurt
- Blueberry Granita with Coconut Whipped Cream
- Greek Yogurt Berry Parfaits
- 4 Ingredient Blueberry Yogurt Popsicles
- One-Ingredient Banana Ice Cream
- Super Fast Peach Frozen Yogurt
- Coconut Panna Cotta with Blueberry Sauce
Lemon Raspberry Yogurt Fools
- Heat the raspberries in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer a few minutes until the berries start to soften and break down. Mash them lightly with a fork, leaving some chunks. Stir in the honey and chia seeds and cook a few more minutes. Turn the heat off and let the mixture cool.
- Stir the lemon curd to loosen it. If needed, heat it in the microwave for a few seconds. To assemble each fool, place ¼ cup yogurt in a parfait dish or glass. Top with some raspberry chia compote, swirling it into the yogurt. Top with a tablespoon of lemon curd. Repeat with another layer of yogurt, fruit and lemon curd. Garnish with fresh raspberries and cookies, if desired.