My Banana Flax Bread is packed with nutritious whole grains, flaxseed and Greek yogurt. When it’s baking in the oven, it will make your whole house smell absolutely delicious!
- 1 ½ cups mashed, very ripe banana (3-4 bananas)
- 1/3 cup reduced fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup safflower or other neutral-flavored oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix the bananas, yogurt, eggs, oil, and vanilla together in the bowl of a stand mixer until combined. Add the sugar and continue to mix until combined.
Whisk the flours, flaxseed, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the mixer and beat until just combined (do not over-mix). Stir the nuts into the batter.
Pour the batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake in the oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove the bread and cool completely on wire rack.