Learn how to make your own nutritious almond milk at home! Simply soak almonds in water overnight and then blend it with your favorite ingredients.
- 8 ounces raw almonds (about 1 ½ cups)
- 4 ½ cups filtered water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons sweetener of your choice like honey, maple syrup, sugar or pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (optional if making chocolate milk)
- Place the almonds in a large bowl and fill the bowl with enough water to cover them. Soak for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain the almonds and then place them in a blender along with 4 ½ cups fresh, filtered water, vanilla, cinnamon and sweetener. Blend on high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. For chocolate milk, add cocoa powder before blending.
- Pour the almond milk through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a pitcher. If using a strainer, you will have to push down on the solids with a spatula or spoon to get all of the liquid out. If using cheesecloth, squeeze as much liquid out of the almonds as you can. Save the remaining almond meal for other uses.
- Refrigerate almond milk before serving.