Last week I bought some beautiful, fresh strawberries to make a strawberry cake from one of my favorite blogs, TasteFood. I served the cake along with some freshly whipped cream at a party that I hosted for the female doctors in my department, and it was a huge hit!
|Simple Strawberry Cake (recipe from TasteFood)|
- Strawberry, watermelon and mint
- Blackberry habanero
- Cucumber basil
- Peach mango
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- ⅓ cup honey or sweetener of your choice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups cold water
- Place the strawberries, pineapple and honey in a pitcher. Mash them together using a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon. Add the lemon juice and water and stir to combine. Serve lemonade over ice.