Hold on to summer a little while longer and fire up the grill for my tasty Strawberry Teriyaki Salmon Kebabs.
In a recent post, I shared my Strawberry Jalapeño Salsa recipe and promised that it would make another appearance soon in a second recipe to pair with it. Well, here it is- my Strawberry Teriyaki Salmon Kebabs.
These simple kebabs are perfect for summer, so fire up the grill! Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight meal or an elegant dish for entertaining, you must try them! Strawberries and teriyaki may not seem like a natural pairing, but I promise you, the combination will definitely awaken your taste buds! Savory soy sauce is combined with Asian-inspired seasonings and strawberry jam to yield a deliciously sweet and savory glaze As the kebabs cook on the grill, I baste them with the glaze, which infuses them with flavor and also gives them a rich, mahogany color.
My Strawberry Jalapeño Salsa is the perfect accompaniment to these umami-rich kebabs. This simple salsa combines ripe, juicy strawberries with red onion, cilantro, fresh lime juice and just enough jalapeño pepper to give it a little kick. It adds plenty of color, flavor and texture to the dish.The @foodiephysician's easy Strawberry Teriyaki Salmon Kebabs are coated with a deliciously sweet and savory glaze!Click To Tweet
One quick tip- when grilling seafood, I like to use the double skewer method. By piercing the salmon pieces with two skewers, it makes them easier to grill because they’ll stay in place and won’t spin around on the skewer when you try to turn them. Happy grilling!
Strawberry Teriyaki Salmon Kebabs with Strawberry Jalapeño Salsa
- 1 ½ pounds salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 limes, sliced very thinly
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (or tamari if gluten free)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- 16 long, wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Oil for brushing the grill
- Strawberry Jalapeño Salsa
- Cilantro leaves and lime wedges for garnish, optional
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
- Season the salmon with a pinch of salt and pepper. Beginning and ending with salmon, thread the salmon and folded lime slices onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers. You should have 8 kebabs total.
- To make the glaze, mix the jam, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger powder, and lime juice together in a bowl.
- Brush the grill with oil and grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, until fish is cooked, 7-8 minutes. As they cook, baste the fish with the glaze.
- Serve the kebabs with Strawberry Jalapeño Salsa. Garnish with cilantro leaves and lime wedges.
Click Below to Pin!