No mess, no fuss! My quick and easy Sheet Pan Salmon with Sweet Chili Sauce is the perfect healthy weeknight dinner.
If there’s one type of recipe people ask me for the most, it’s quick and easy weeknight dinners that they can make for their families. I love encouraging people to cook at home more often- it’s actually one of my favorite healthy eating tips. When you cook at home, you can control the ingredients and the cooking methods. You can use fresh, wholesome ingredients and cut down on processed foods with hidden sugar, sodium, and fat. Plus, if you bring your kids into the kitchen with you, it’s not only a great bonding experience, it also helps teach them an important life skill and establishes healthy eating habits from an early age. So it’s a win-win situation!
But let’s face it, we’re all so busy these days and time can be a huge barrier to preparing healthy meals at home! I have the same problem, which is why I often use timesaving techniques in the kitchen like menu planning and batch cooking.
So I got really excited when I found out that this month’s Recipe Redux theme was Sheet Pan Meals. Sheet pan meals have become really popular lately. The basic concept is that you throw a bunch of ingredients on a sheet pan, roast it in the oven, and dinner is ready. Sheet pan dinners are quick and easy to make AND quick and easy to clean up (which can be a lifesaver on busy weeknights)! Check out my Sheet Pan Roast Chicken and Potatoes with Chimichurri.
This easy #SheetPan Sweet Chili Salmon by @foodiephysician is the perfect healthy weeknight dinner! #TheRecipeReduxClick To Tweet
My Sheet Pan Salmon with Sweet Chili Sauce is a delicious and nutritious meal that can be made in just under 20 minutes. Salmon is an excellent source of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids as well as a wide variety of vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for our health.
Red bell peppers contain several antioxidants, especially carotenoids, as well as vitamins and minerals. They are one of the richest food sources of vitamin C. And asparagus is another nutritional rock star, containing a wide variety of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. Asparagus is also a great source of prebiotics. Prebiotics are non-digestible food ingredients that help promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut. Click here to read my Tips for Improving Gut Health.
WATCH THIS VIDEO TO SEE HOW EASY THE RECIPE IS!
Sheet Pan Salmon with Sweet Chili Sauce
- 4 pieces salmon filets (5 ounces each)
- 1 lb. thin asparagus stems trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce (use tamari if gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced scallions
- Preheat oven to 425°F. To make the sauce, mix the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and vinegar in a bowl. Arrange the salmon filets in the center of a sheet pan. Reserve a small amount of the sauce to pour on the salmon at the end. Brush or spoon the rest of the sauce onto the salmon. Arrange the asparagus on the sheet pan on one side of the salmon and the bell pepper strips on the other side. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and season them with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to combine.Bake in the upper third of the oven for 12 minutes. Turn the broiler on at the end and broil for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Remove the sheet pan from the oven and sprinkle sesame seeds on the vegetables. Pour the remaining sauce on the salmon and garnish with scallions.
CLICK BELOW TO PIN!