You'll love with these fresh fish tacos topped with mango chutney and sour cream. They're fast, nutritious, and delicious!
|The beautiful beach in Turks and Caicos|
Caribbean Fish Tacos
- 4 flounder fillets (about 5 ounces each) or other white fish like tilapia or cod
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 cups coleslaw mix (6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided use
- 8 small white corn tortillas
- ½ cup mango chutney such as Major Grey’s
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Cut the fish into 1-inch wide strips and place them in a bowl. Mix the thyme, paprika, onion powder, cayenne, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper together in a small bowl. Sprinkle the spice rub onto the fish and toss the fish to coat all of the pieces evenly.
- Place the slaw in a large bowl and add the lime juice and 2 teaspoons oil. Toss to combine. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium high heat and brush the pan with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add the fish to the pan and cook 3 minutes. Turn the fish over and cook another 2-3 minutes until opaque. Remove the fish from the grill.
- Heat the tortillas according to package directions in the microwave or a skillet. Spread approximately 1 tablespoon mango chutney along the middle of each tortilla and top with about 2 teaspoons sour cream and a couple of pieces of fish. Top the fish with a small mound of the slaw and a few cilantro leaves. Serve tacos with lime wedges on the side. Squeeze some lime juice on top just before eating.