leftovers and keep them for busy weeknights. Your whole family will love them and they won’t even know how good they are for you! Stay tuned for my next post, where I’ll feature these delicious meatballs in a new recipe- my Greek Meatball Pita Sandwiches.
My Greek Chicken Meatballs are full of Greek flavor and easy to make, perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
- 1 package (10 ounces) chopped, frozen spinach
- 1.5 pounds ground chicken breast
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
- 2 ounces (about 2 slices) whole wheat bread, ground into breadcrumbs (1 cup)*
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Defrost the spinach according to package directions. Squeeze all of the water out of the spinach and place the spinach in a large bowl. Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix gently to combine. Form the mixture into 24 meatballs, about 1-½ inches in diameter.
- Grease a baking sheet with the olive oil. Place the meatballs on the baking sheet and bake in the oven, 15-18 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through. Serve warm.
*To make fresh breadcrumbs, break the bread into pieces and pulse in a mini food processor until crumbs form. If using packaged dried breadcrumbs, decrease the amount to ½ cup. To make this recipe gluten free, substitute ½ ground oats (certified gluten free) for the breadcrumbs.