My healthy Greek Chicken Meatballs are full of Greek flavor and really easy to make. They're the perfect quick weeknight meal. Your family will love them!
Because of my busy schedule, when I cook dinner, I often like to double the recipe and then transform the leftovers into an entirely different meal on another day. For example, when I make a big batch of my Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken, I make delicious Pulled Chicken Quesadillas the next day. It's a real timesaver and I also find it to be a fun challenge.
My Greek Chicken Meatballs are full of Greek flavor and easy to make, perfect for a quick weeknight meal. I use ground chicken breast (which I like to grind myself in my stand mixer) mixed with feta cheese, spices and spinach.
Spinach is one of the most nutritious foods you can eat. It is packed with a wide variety of compounds that are beneficial for your health including several vitamins, minerals and disease-fighting antioxidants.
It’s a rich source of fiber and protein as well as Vitamins A, C, K, and folate. It’s also rich in several minerals like calcium, iron and manganese.
Serve these Greek chicken meatballs alone or over spaghetti with tomato sauce. They’re also great in soups and sandwiches like my Greek Meatball Pita Sandwiches.
Freeze any leftovers and keep them for busy weeknights. Your whole family will love them and they won’t even know how good they are for you!
More tasty Mediterranean recipes
- Award-Winning Shrimp Saganaki (Greek Shrimp with Feta)
- Red Pesto Pasta with Eggplant
- Greek Zucchini Fritters with Tzatziki
- Mediterranean Eggplant Hummus "Meatballs"
- Greek Meatball Pita Sandwiches
- Spanish Garlic Shrimp
Did you try this recipe? If so, please leave a review below. I love hearing from you! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Greek Chicken Meatballs
- 1 package (10 ounces) chopped, frozen spinach
- 1.5 pounds ground chicken breast
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 ounces (about 2 slices) whole wheat bread, ground into breadcrumbs (1 cup)*
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Defrost the spinach according to package directions. Squeeze all of the water out of the spinach and place the spinach in a large bowl. Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix gently to combine. Form the mixture into 24 meatballs, about 1-½ inches in diameter.
- Grease a baking sheet with the olive oil. Place the meatballs on the baking sheet and bake in the oven, 15-18 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through. Serve warm.