conservation practices. Did you know that Alaska supplies nearly 60% of the nation’s seafood and about 90% of North America’s salmon? Alaska seafood is available fresh, frozen and canned so you can enjoy it year round.
Your whole family will love these sliders that are packed with color, flavor and important nutrients.
- 1 ½ pounds wild Alaskan cod fillet
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 ½ cups shredded red and green cabbage and carrots (can use packaged coleslaw mix)
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons plain nonfat or reduced fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise (I use Smart Balance)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slider rolls
- To make the Mango Confetti slaw, whisk the lime juice and honey together in a bowl. Add the vegetables, mango and salt and toss to combine.
- To make the Cilantro Aioli, mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, cilantro and lime juice together in a bowl.
- To make the spiced cod, cut the fish into 8 equal pieces. Make a spice rub by combining the paprika, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder and salt together in a small bowl. Sprinkle both sides of the fish with the spice mix, rubbing it in. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the cod. Cook 4 minutes then carefully flip the pieces over and cook another 3-4 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- To assemble the sliders, place each piece of spiced cod on a slider roll bottom. Top with a dollop of cilantro aioli and some mango confetti slaw. Add the roll tops and serve.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.