This simple and delicious mango salsa is colorful and full of flavor! It's the perfect accompaniment to a wide variety of dishes including fish tacos and crab cakes. Make it with a handful of simple ingredients in just 20 minutes!
You're going to love this fresh mango salsa! It's so easy to make and is packed with color and flavor. Made with fresh mangoes, onions, peppers, cilantro, and lime juice, this salsa has a perfect balance of sweet, spicy, and tangy flavors.
Mango salsa is the perfect way to dress up dishes like my easy fish tacos, Old Bay crab cakes, blackened grouper sandwiches, and air fryer quesadillas. This fresh salsa is also delicious on top of grilled chicken, salmon or pork, especially during the summer months when you may want lighter recipes. Or, just put it in a serving bowl and scoop it up with some tortilla chips!
While traditional toppings like lettuce and tomato are always great on dishes like fish tacos, adding a fresh homemade mango salsa will take your tacos to the next level! Plus, it's so quick and easy to make- perfect for busy weeknights.
Try this delicious mango salsa on your next Taco Tuesday and transform your fish tacos into a gourmet meal!
Why You'll Love This Dish
- Quick and easy- make it with just 7 ingredients in 15 minutes!
- Healthy- low in calories and packed with nutrients
- Can be made in advance- perfect for parties and gatherings
- Delicious- a perfect balance of sweet, spicy, and tangy flavors
- Not only is mango delicious, it also boasts an impressive array of nutrients!
- Mango is rich in many vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin C, which is important for boosting your immune system and promoting cell growth and repair.
- Mangoes are also rich in polyphenols, which are antioxidants that help protect your cells from damage from free radicals.
Recipe notes and substitutions (see recipe card below for complete ingredient list and measurements):
- Mango- use ripe, sweet mango
- Bell pepper- I like to use red bell pepper but you can also use yellow or orange.
- Red onion- adds color and flavor
- Jalapeño pepper- adds just the right amount of heat; you can substitute serrano or habanero peppers for a spicier salsa
- Fresh cilantro- adds bright flavor; you can leave it out if you're not a fan
- Lime juice- use fresh lime juice to add a bit of acidity; you can substitute lemon juice
- Salt- salt brings out all the flavors in the salsa; taste and adjust the amount of salt as needed
How To Make Mango Salsa Step-By-Step
See recipe card below for full recipe amounts and instructions.
- Step 1- Chop the mango, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro and place them in a large bowl. Add a squeeze of lime juice.
- Step 2- Stir the salsa together and season it with salt. Taste and add more salt as needed. Let the salsa rest for at least 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve at room temperature.
- Let the salsa sit at least 10-15 minutes before serving to let all the amazing flavors meld together. You can even make it a day in advance and store it in an airtight container in the fridge- the flavors are even better the next day.
- If you prefer a spicier salsa, you can leave in some of the jalapeño seeds or use a hotter pepper like a serrano or habanero.
- Be sure to use a ripe mango for the best flavor. Look for a mango that is slightly soft to the touch and has a sweet aroma.
- You can also add diced avocado to this mango salsa recipe for an extra creamy texture.
How To Serve Mango Salsa
This fresh mango salsa is delicious for dinner on top of fish tacos or my vegan slow cooker jackfruit tacos in warm tortillas. You can add all your favorite taco toppings like sour cream, queso fresco, or a crunchy cabbage slaw.
Mango salsa is delicious on fish tacos, shrimp tacos, and quesadillas. It's also a great accompaniment to crab cakes. You can also serve it on top of grilled chicken, fish or pork. Or just scoop it up with tortilla chips.
You can store this salsa in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
More Tasty Recipes
YOUR PATH TO WELLNESS STARTS HERE!
Get my best healthy recipes and tips sent straight to your inbox!
- 1 ½ cups diced mango (1 large mango)
- ⅓ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Stir all the ingredients together in a bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt as needed. Let salsa rest 10-15 minutes before serving.