This quick and easy Mulled Apple Cider is perfect to warm you up on a cold day, especially during the holiday season. It will make your house smell wonderful as it simmers away on the stove.
Mulled Apple Cider
- 1 quart apple cider
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice berries
- 6 strips orange peel (use a vegetable peeler)
- 1 star anise (optional)
- Brandy or rum (optional)
- Cinnamon sticks and orange zest for garnish
- Place the cider, cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice, orange peel and star anise in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. If desired, you can add a splash (or two!) of brandy or rum. Strain the cider and pour it into individual cups. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and orange zest. Serve hot. Enjoy!