This delicious Mixed Berry Chia Pudding is packed with protein and fiber and will keep you feeling full for hours- plus it can be prepared the night before!
My Mixed Berry Chia Pudding is packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats and will keep you feeling full for hours! It's the perfect breakfast and is even great as an afternoon snack. You simply mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl or mason jar and refrigerate it overnight. When you wake up in the morning, you'll have a delicious and nutritious breakfast waiting for you!
Chia seeds are nutritional powerhouses. They are among the most concentrated sources of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids of any food. They are also an excellent source of fiber, a critical nutrient that most Americans don't get nearly enough of.
Chia seeds are also rich in antioxidants, which help protect the body from free radicals, aging and chronic diseases. Read my post about the nutritional benefits of chia seeds.
When chia seeds are soaked in liquid, they plump up and expand up to 10 times their weight. The same process occurs in your intestinal tract when you eat them, a process that helps to curb your appetite.
This gelling action in combination with the protein and fiber all contribute to the satiating effects of chia seeds. That's why chia seeds keep you feeling full for a long time and are a good ingredient to include in your diet if you're trying to lose weight.
More breakfast recipes
Mixed Berry Chia Pudding
- ¾ cup milk, any type
- ¾ cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or other sweetener of your choice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed berries divided use
- Optional toppings: sliced almonds coconut flakes or granola
- Place the milk, yogurt, chia seeds, maple syrup and vanilla in a bowl and stir until combined. Take ¼ cup of berries and mash them in a bowl with a fork. Stir the mashed berries into the mixture. Place the container in the refrigerator and refrigerate overnight. The mixture will thicken. When ready to serve, divide the pudding into two bowls and garnish with remaining berries and other desired toppings.