As a Stonyfield blogger, I received free samples of Stonyfield yogurt and Barlean’s products to develop this recipe. All opinions expressed are my own.
I make a lot of smoothies- not only do I love them but my daughter loves them too. Smoothies are great as a post workout snack or an on the go breakfast. They’re also one of the few things I know my daughter will always try. And I can add in all sorts of healthy ingredients!
This delicious smoothie will not only satisfy your sweet tooth, it will also give you the nutrients you need to fuel your body. My daughter is a chocoholic so I decided to make a chocolate banana smoothie- after all, you can’t go wrong with this classic combination! Stonyfield Vanilla Greek yogurt adds creaminess and a boost of protein. To naturally sweeten the smoothie, I also add a couple of dates- my new favorite trick to sweeten foods without adding refined sugar. Not only did Sienna gulp this smoothie down, she asked for seconds. That’s a winner in my book!
This delicious smoothie will not only satisfy any chocolate cravings, it will also give you a boost of essential nutrients to fuel your body.
- ¼ cup Stonyfield Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk any type (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons Barlean’s flax-chia-coconut blend
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 small banana
- 2-3 dates
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Optional: shaved coconut for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into two glasses and serve.